Thursday, August 11, 2005

Resting in Luxury.

When the kids told me the summer camp was nice, i believed them. In believing them, I mean, i thought they meant it was just better than LSV. I thought they were just saying that it was "nice".

wow. it's nice. Better than our hotel. They actually change the sheets every day. There's sitting toilets. The food is awesomeness. The swimming pool is open all the time. There's go-carts. Ther's a river.

It's completely ridiculous. Haha... I wonder how these kids will react to such luxury.

Anyways, meeting the rest of the people that will work with us has been fun. They come from all over the place- Texas, Australia, Japan, China, HK, England... it's pretty exciting. My favorite are 2 of the australians. They're having a blast with the firecracker shop outside the campground, and they're a mischevious pair. We played marco polo tonight and it was wild. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun with them. And the texans look fun too... i can't wait for them to snap out of jet lag.

things to talk to dad about:
It's a little scary not having any team parents with us now and no poon daddy with us (he's returning to the US i think). It's a whole other dimension with meeting so many new people to work with. It's really easy to get prideful that we've been here so much longer than the rest and that we know the kids already. It's also a lot of pressure because we are now their translators, even we who have very limited mandarin know much more than them. So we are now their translators. Puts a lot of pressure on me and germs :). It's also been hard being put into different roles because we have to be put into a whole new leadership structure. Takes more humility and submission. That's a hard one. Also, for me personally, I feel like I've already reached the end of the trip. It's a little hard for me to focus for this last leg of the trip. tell dad to make sure i finish the race strong. I have been really wanting to go home, yet anxious about it too because i have to do so much in the five days before i go back to SD.

But it's been good. did some good p-walking today, bring us together like a family talking to dad. This summer camp looks awesome. I would be going crazy if i were one of the kids. Now i know why they are so excited.

anyways, more people should go online in the morning. I'm waiting here desperate for contact from the west, staring at my AIM buddylist.

No comments: