Monday, August 01, 2005

motorcycle diaries

sigh. So I wrote this long analysis of motorcycle diaries and how much I related to it on this trip... but my computer died and I'm not going to do it again. All there is to say is that I watched the movie and it was beautiful. There were so many quotable things in the movie that sounded so inspiring even in the english translation. Makes me want to learn spanish just to understand the great quotes in their original language. It was even more beautiful because it really resonated with me.

However, this computer doesn't resonate with me. poop.

Yesterday, me josh and jeff came back to LSV to do a little PW before uncle Abe had a talk with the kids. It was scary going there without the team because every single person the kids used to hang on to had gone back to America. That means they hung onto me. I knew i was in trouble when I heard the kids chanting my name from the second floor and the sound of pattering to meet me at the stairs. Then came the mob that hung onto anything they could hang onto on my body. It was the most tiring experience I've had at LSV, but it really felt great to be back there. Uncle abe was pretty fun too. I forgot how much i miss hearing the guy talk. hahaha.

anyways, today was a long laborious day of shopping for a good writing pad for my computer for writing chinese (290 rmb... the most expensive purchase i've made on this trip...) and watching seven swords, the new big kung fu film in China and HK. anyways, it sucked. I feel really bad. The director was supposed to be really big for past movies like Once upon a time in China. This was supposed to be his response to movies like Hero. Well it sucked. badly. And the worst part was I told everyone that it'd be good, even convincing a mother to go. Well there were unnecesarrily prolonged sex scenes, unnecissarily extreme unaesthetic violence, a bad story line, and a scary gothic looking lesbian chinese chick. It was pretty sad that this director sacrificed a coherent story for stuff that sells in Hollywood. and it was worse that I told people it'd be a good movie. Anyways, i felt thoroughly guilty for making everyone watch it with me afterwards.

Well, team 2 is coming tomorrow. That will be fun. anyways, please be on your knees for me and please make sure dad makes sure i don't accidentally watch bad movies anymore during this trip. I've also been having problems in my heart lately with pride that I didn't have during the first team.

anyways, i'm slightly tired now. And I have to pee. bye.

No comments: