Saturday, July 30, 2005

back in the motherland

Hey everyone- i'm back in the motherland.

I spent most of yesterday, my last day in HK, in IFC. I was at Cheung Zhou for a while, but it was raining, and there was a big funeral going on that day there. Left me feeling really uncomfortable, so i just went back to cheungzhou. I was considering watching a movie, but i got distracted at the IFC (international Finance Center). It's pretty new- it wasn't there last time i was in HK. It's now the tallest building in all of HK ( i think). Anyways, I was walking through it, and the architecture in that building is simply amazing. I was literally walking with my head bent looking upwards as i walked through that mall. There was so much detail and awesomeness in that building. Especially cool is all the mobile art. Then i found a secret elevator that goes to the roof of the building in between the two towers. That place was crazy. ONe side, you could see all of Central, and the other side looked across the bay to mongkok. There were also freaking crazily awesome sculptures and fountains. I had a field day with my camera. It was one of those days where I was trying really hard to look artsy. haahahaha. at least as well as i could with my unsteady hands and camera that has strange quirks here and there... i think i was trying too hard, but it was a lot of fun for me.

Then I had hot pot with letty and nana. I was completely conquered. I got full so fast that I was embarrassed. it sucked. But it was good hanging out with them. I've just lost a lot of pride by not being able to finish as much food as i used to. What's happening to my stomach??? Anyways, it's kind of funny because I've had a buffet on my last night of being somewhere for this whole summer. Last day in America- Hot pot city. Last Day in Nanning- Brazillian BBQ (yes for reals). Last day in HK- Hot Pot.

anyways, the last few days have been raining in HK, but i pressed forward nonetheless to be the best tourist i can be. It was a really good time of rest and personal reflection.

now i'm back and it's feeling a little strange without the first team. I'm kinda missing them. Actually i'm missing them a lot. Especially my roommate, Deny. We've roomed together before on my trip to Duan. He's probably one of the best people i've ever roomed with period. Somehow we were able to live together. It was always fun to run around shopping for clothes with him during free time. I caught myself looking at interesting T-shirt designs in HK. I would turn around and tell Deny so he could take a picture of it, and then all of a sudden I'd remember he wasn't there. It was fun running around getting food that was probably bad for us, sneaking out when nobody was watching, and making our room the party room for the rest of the team.

So yeah, I'm pretty anxious about this next part of the trip. It's a whole batch of new people. Nuff said.

anyways, today, that anxiety was swallowed away by our 11 or so plates of dumplings for dinner tonight. hahahaha. I'm so full. Tomorrow it's back to the orphanage. All the orphans think i've gone back to america. I wonder what their reaction will be when I'm back playing guitar at Josh's side. hahahaha.

No comments: