Wednesday, July 13, 2005

15 minutes to go

Hello everyone. It's been a week already. It feels like nothing.

Hanging out with the kids has been ridiculously awesome and tiring. The little kids are so hyper.

We just got back from the pool. That was crazy. They all had a project of trying to drown me. It was a public pool. It was sad seeing people run away from the handicapped kids and the blind kids that bumped into them. Somehow, these kids seem so much more happier and genuine and loving than other kids.

Anyways, classes have been a little bit hectic. stay on your knees for us. Nobody really knows what's going on in English class. The curriculum seems unsuitable no matter what we do. But i don't really have to worry because I was food poisoned in the first few days from this fried fish we had. It was bad. I was in bed for 30 hours. Anyways, because of it I got relinquished a lot of responsibilities. It's kind of nice. hahaha. It's nice to just sit back and go with the flow.

However, I'm still teaching guitar, and that has been pretty fun. I've never taught guitar before, but it's been pretty awesome. They're learning pretty quickly. I've taught them the keys of C, G, and A.

For both english and guitar class, I feel like I see a giant wave of responsibility and anxiety and inability. But then, I just sit back and ride the wave through, and things are all right. It's great trusting dad with this stuff.

It breaks my heart when I go around in the bus. I see a mixture of the broken dreams and promises of communism and the hollow compromise of capitalism. Broken brick buildings in the midst of fast rising bamboo laden modern looking buildings. And the people around them have no clue what to do. I'm remembering what it feels like to have a broken heart that isn't from yourself, but from dad's- what it means when he "looked out and saw that they were sheep without a shephered and had compassion on them".

anyways, I leave you with a quote from a kid named abigail there:
Wo feichang de HEPPY!

No comments: