Sunday, July 17, 2005

laying down the law.

I finally got around to disciplining my kids today. It started out with me not smiling at all before class today. If they started to poke me during breakfast, i would just stare them down. They would continue to poke me, but see i wasn't smiling. Then they would have a really awkward look on their face, poke me again shyly, and then run away and hide. MWAHAHAHAHA. lovable daniel is on vacation now.

Then at class, I told them that there was a huge test today because they weren't behaving on saturday. I also made phillip, my co-teacher take a chinese test because he wasn't behaving with them on saturday. It was hard not to smirk.

I also kept 4 kids after class today and they had to write "I promise to behave in class" 10 times before they could leave.

Oh... being the bad cop teacher feels so great... but i'm a good cop inside, so i don't know how much longer i can keep it up. One of the girls I punished hasn't talked to me since class. hahaha. hopefully nice daniel will emerge from his slumber soon.

I wish i could stay longer. These kids haven't learned enough english yet. I want to just work on phonics and pronounciation with them, but i don't have enough time. It turned out that the curriculum didn't take a solid shape. It came to the point where i had to sort of make my own curriculum, but that happened much too late for anything effective. Hopefully the second team can do a better job than me.

ok. That's it for now. bye bye.

No comments: