Saturday, July 23, 2005

change in plans

so. Funny thing happened. Yesterday, on our free day before our departure today, I got a folded binder paper from Auntie Solange. I unfolded it, and there was a handwritten letter from Auntie Lillian, asking me to stay for the second team. I already had my reasons for not staying- Nat's wedding, taking care of IV stuff, having to take a written test for my class B liscence, finalizing some housing stuff, etc. But as I went through each reason, each one didn't seem to have any pulling effect on me going home. They didn't seem important. It also didn't really feel like Dad was done doing what he wanted to do in me. It seemed like so far, there's been a lot of inward growth and heeling, but in terms of growing in leadership- It hasn't really been happening. So, i decided to get on my knees on this one, and during twa, they talked about passing onto the next generation and not being silent. I also had a vision, which I haven't had in a long time- I saw thousands of guitarists singing to dad. This was exactly what auntie lillian wanted to see begin in the next month. I was on my knees for a little longer, asked some of my close team members what they thought, and they all said it sounded right. It was something I should pursue.

So, I've made the crazy decision to go with the team to HK, then stay there for a week, and then go back to china for another 2 weeks. That means 3 more weeks. This feels like the stupidest decision I have ever made, yet the most exciting. I feel scared and anxious, yet at the same time energized.

So, sorry people at home- I won't be home until the 19th of August, and then I'll be going to SD on the 25th still.

Please please please please be on your knees for me. I still don't feel totally secure about this all, but all the changes have been made already. However, just learning from this last year- delayed obedience is almost as bad as total disobedience. Even though i'm having trouble trusting Dad after stuff last year, somehow something inside of me won't let me stop trusting Him in doing the insane. This is so damn insane.

well. Here's hoping for the best. Ready or not, here I go.

1 comment:

James SH said...

Good call. I hope you can find laughter with Dad again.

I'll help with your license test when you get back to the US if you'd like.